What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells of material that are custom-made to fit over the front surface your tooth. They are used to improve the appearance of teeth that are discoloured, stained, chipped, misaligned, or that have other cosmetic issues.
What are the different types of Veneers?
Porcelain Veneers are the most popular and widely used. They are the gold standard of cosmetic dentistry, they are known for their durability, natural appearance, and stain resistance. Porcelain veneers are custom-made in a dental laboratory and then bonded to your teeth. They require some enamel removal, making them a permanent solution.
Composite Veneers are made from a tooth-coloured resin material that is applied directly to your tooth and shaped by one of our cosmetic specialists. They are a more cost-effective option compared to porcelain veneers but may not last as long and can be more susceptible to staining.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin custom-made porcelain shells that bond to the natural tooth structure to improve the overall appearance of the teeth. Veneers are the gold standard of cosmetic dentistry, they provide long-term results and have a very natural appearance.
The material of the Veneer reflects light in a very similar way to how a natural tooth would, this is because it can be made very translucent. The treatment can be done with minimal preparation to the natural tooth structure, therefore it is a conservative treatment option.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Porcelain is an extremely durable material that is known for its resistance to discolouration over time. With proper care, Porcelain Veneers can last for at least a decade or more.
What are the Advantages & Disadvantages of Porcelain Veneers?
- Longer lasting that the other types of veneers available due to the strength of the porcelain material (they can last up to 15 years)
- Porcelain veneers provide a highly pleasing aesthetic appearance
- They are much more stain resistant compared to composite veneers
- They look more natural than composite veneers, this is because the porcelain material reflects the natural light in a very similar way to what our tooth enamel does
- They can fix teeth with darker staining present and more incorrectly positioned teeth
- They are the gold standard of cosmetic dentistry
- They are a more expensive treatment option compared to composite veneers
- More of a timely treatment process, it can take up to 3 appointments to complete (it usually takes two)
- The veneers could fall off and they may need to be re-cemented to your tooth
- Veneers can be a cause of tooth sensitivity
- They can be a more invasive treatment option as the treatment can require some tooth preparation
- Porcelain veneers are not an advisable treatment option for those with decayed teeth or periodontal disease (gum disease)
Porcelain Veneers at SmileBox cost 15,000 THB per tooth. We also offer fantastic promotions for those looking to enhance six or more teeth, making it a more budget-friendly and accessible way to achieve your confident new smile!
Composite Veneers at SmileBox cost 5,000 THB per tooth.